1. My favorite beverage is beer. Sad, but true. There are just so many beers to choose from, so many that are hand-crafted lovingly by curious, smart beer lovers. I want to taste them all. I’m never unhappy with a beer in my near future.
2. We don’t have a microwave. When we moved to Wisconsin, our apartment had a microwave built in above the stove. We got rid of the micro I’d won at the Senior After-Prom Party. And when we moved into our house, we just put off buying a new one… and here we are, 9 months later, with no microwave.
3. I check Etsy at regular intervals throughout the day, just to see the Treasury set featured on the front page. Whoever has the job of going through all the Treasuries and picking what to put on the front page- I want it.
4. I don’t like raw tomatoes, but I love cooked tomatos. Marinara, bruchetta, salsa, ketchup– bring it on. And contrary to what most people say, it is not a “texture thing” for me- it’s a flavor thing. I don’t like the taste of uncooked ‘maters.
5. But my tomato plants are the most cherished in my garden. Because of the whole loving tomato sauces and stews thing. Plus they’re sooo easy to can and always taste better than any mass-produced tomato product.
My parents are coming this weekend, which means barbeque. Smoked pork butt from a friendly local farm with potatoes, corn on the cob, beans, and peach pie with homemade ice cream. And, of course, beer. :) Can’t wait!
Have a great weekend!